Practical Tanker Chartering
A course held in association with the Baltic Exchange
The provisional timetable for the Practical Tanker Chartering course is outlined below:- This programme has been held annually since 2000.
To download a PDF copy of the full Course Programme (50kB) including a Registration Form, click here.
|0900||Course Introduction and Housekeeping|
|0915||Tanker Market Overview|
|1045||Charterer's Operational Criteria|
|1345||Workshop 1: Evaluating and selecting ships and cargoes|
Delegates split into groups, are given a number of orders and vessels and asked to advise their principal on which business to work and why.
|1530||The Worldscale System|
|1630||Workshop 2: Practical Applications of Worldscale|
|0900||Forward Freight Agreements for the Tanker Trades|
|1030||Legal Principles of Charter Parties and Bills of Lading|
|1330||Legal Principles of Charter Parties and Bills of Lading|
|1500||Negotiating: Offers, Counter-offers and Subjects|
|1600||Voyage Estimating Principles|
|1700||Voyage Estimating Practical Examples|
|0915||Tanker Charter Parties: Special and Additional Clauses|
|1045||Post Fixture Operations & Payment of Freight, Hire and Commission Clauses|
|1200||Laytime and Demurrage Principles|
|1400||Workshop 3: Laytime and Demurrage Practical Exercises|
|1545||Workshop 3 — Continued|
|0930||Tanker Trading & Voyage Evaluation|
|1100||Workshop 4: Chartering Exercise Case Study|
|1345||Workshop 4: Continued|
|1600||Conclusions and Feedback|
The following form the core of previous speakers for this course:-
- David Chapman, ex-Chartering Manager, OSG (UK) Ltd
- Dr John Doviak, Director, Cambridge Academy of Transport
- Graham Harris, Partner, Squire Sanders (UK) LLP
- Ian McCarthy, General Manager, Worldscale Association (London) Ltd
- Colin Pearce, former Tanker Chartering Manager, Agelef Tanker Chartering Ltd
- Alex Pilkington, Former Commercial Shipping Advisor, Shell International Trading and Shipping Company
- Phil Stalley, Marketing Director, HubSE Ltd (Demurrage Software) and Former Demurrage Manager, BP Oil International Ltd
- Pat Tye, Senior Analyst, EA Gibson Shipbrokers
- Capt Philip Wood, Executive Director, Trade & Transport (UK) Ltd
27–30 April 2020
Hotel Novotel, London Paddington
The cost of the four days is £2400 per person, fully inclusive of UK Value Added Tax, tuition, refreshments, and lunch each day. Accommodation is NOT included but our nominated travel agency company would be pleased to suggest alternatives in London at a range of prices.
Register for the Course
To download a programme giving fuller details of the course, click here.
For a Booking Form, click here.