Anatomy of Chemical and Gas Shipping
presented in association with Richardson Lawrie Associates
Creating and implementing the right shipping strategies is fundamental to successful product marketing and business development in the chemicals and gas sector. For service providers such as shipping and storage companies the imperative is to balance commercial, financial and operational risk management with new market opportunities and the pursuit of a competitive edge.
Managing risk and developing business in the speciality chemicals and gas shipping sectors is the theme of this in-depth course which through lectures and interactive workshops will cover topics such as:
- Choice of contract and contract negotiation
- The management of operational and commercial risks
- The development of business strategies and tactics through an extensive Business Game
- Current market developments, evaluations and drivers
- The impact of new regulations on commercial and operational choices
- Financing in specialised sectors
- Freight futures – applications in speciality markets
- Commercial awareness and knowledge of modern business practice
Now in its 11th year, this ever topical course has been expanded to take a more in-depth look at the concerns of Owners and Charterers in today's bulk liquid chemicals, LPG and chemical gas transportation markets from commercial, operational and legislative perspectives. We have also added a special session on the carriage of natural products. The programme will be of interest to anyone with any involvement in these sectors — be it from a commercial, financial, operational or legal perspective.
Date and Cambridge Venue to be advised
The fee for this programme on a residential basis is £3900 (£3250 plus £650 UK Value Added Tax) and covers tuition, documentation, private en-suite accommodation, all meals and a social programme. A rendezvous has been arranged at a central London hotel following which there is complimentary transport to Cambridge.
Course Programme and Enquiry Form
To download a programme giving fuller details of the course and an Enquiry Form, click here.